【mineral photo】 classic specimen of baddeleyite from Minas Gerais, Brazil


This classic baddeleyite specimen from Brazil is one of the most prized pieces in my collection.


Baddeleyite(バデレアイト)
Loc. Sierra do Caldas (Poços de Caldas) alkaline complex, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Width of image: ca. 8 cm

I bought this specimen on eBay around 2021. I had been wanting one ever since I saw a Badeleite from this locality in a museum at Harvard University a few years ago. Miraculously, it was listed on ebay and I instantly splurged!





The specimen was enclosed with labels by successive collectors. It shows that it has been a favorite of many collectors for a long time.


A few months after I bought it, I learned that the previous owner had posted a photo of this specimen on mindat. 

https://www.mindat.org/photo-154066.html

By the way, the back side of this specimen looks like this. It has a sticker indicating the previous owner's collection number.


I sincerely thank previous owners for putting this up for sale and will pass it on to me with great care.


コメント